Eileen Cook Author, Writing Consultant, Editor
Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary. I am a firm believer that you don’t need someone in your life to be happy, but if you can find the right person, it sure does make life a lot of fun. Things I adore about my DH include:
- Sense of Humor: DH can make me laugh, even when things are not always going well. He sees the absurd in situations and knows how to crack me up by just making a certain expression.
- Best Friend: I can think of no one I would rather spend time with than him. In addition to being in love with him (bonus!), I actually REALLY like him.
- Smart/Interesting: DH knows a lot of things about random topics. Being married to him I’ve learned more about NASA, robots and board games than I thought was even possible. Plus he’s a computer genius and that comes in handy a lot.
- He Pushes Me: DH challenges me to try things I might not do without him as a support. This includes trying some questionable foods while traveling. He was the one who pushed me to keep writing, even when it seemed like I would never find anyone to read me. He makes me a better person by being in my life.
- He’s Kind: The world can be a not so great place at times. He’s always my safe place to land. As long as I know he’s around I’m home.